With just a few guests we will bike to Maipo Canyon, a mountain valley in the heart of the Andes and less than an hour drive from Santiago.
We will ride on a paved road along the narrow valley of Río Volcán, surrounded by high mountains and native Andean vegetation. We will climb 700m (2.300feet) on a very safe and beautiful mountain road to reach Baños Morales, a quaint little town where we will rest and enjoy a picnic lunch. On our way, we will get to know the traditional life of goat shepherds and cheese making.
- Biker level: avid
- Departure time: 9am
- 8 hours.
- Small groups, usually 4 people and no bigger than 10
- Remote route in the Andes near Santiago
- If you like hard biking and have little time for a longer trip, this is the tour for you
- Abundant picnic lunch
- Fluent English speaking guides
- We pick you up from your hotel at 9:00AM and drive to Cajón del Maipo, one hour southeast of Santiago. We will reach San Gabriel a little town at the entrance of the valley of Río Volcán; from there we will pedal about 10 miles on a paved and hilly road, to reach Baños Morales a quaint little town in the middle of the Andes. On our way, we will negotiate slopes of varied length that call for a good physical condition. We will take the same road going back.
- To reach the departure point, if you are 3 or less passengers we will use our pick-up truck. For 4 or more passengers, we will use our van.
Clothing & Gear
- We suggest bringing padded cycling shorts, bike jersey, sun glasses, bike gloves, lip protector, sunscreen (50SPF) and bandana. Depending on the weather, wind jackets, tights, cycling shoe covers, gloves and a fleece hat may be necessary.
- 9:00am: We pick you up from your hotel
- 10:30pm: Arrival at our departure point
- 12:30pm: Arrival at Baños Morales and picnic lunch
- 14:30pm: Descent to our departure point
- 16:00pm: Arrival to departure point
- 17:30: Arrival to your hotel in Santiago
- 2 -4 passengers: CHP 120.000.- per person
- 5 or more passengers: CHP 85.000.- per person
- Bilingual guide
- An abundant picnic lunch
- Transportation to and from your hotel
Price does not include
- Gratuities for guide (s)
- Items of personal nature
- Any item not mentioned on the program