This tour takes us to Farellones, a small ski resort in the heart of the Andes and less than an hour drive from Santiago. In winter, this village becomes quite crowded and the rest of the year is a placid mountain place to visit. Our aim is to bike our way up the steep mountain road that takes from Santiago to Farellones. This is a difficult ride, suitable only for trained bikers as we will climb 1.110m (3.600feet) in only 16km (10miles). Along the route, we will enjoy wonderful landscapes, native flora and the sight of condors flying high above. On our way, we will stop to enjoy an abundant picnic-lunch. Our support vehicle will be always behind us, in case we need it.
- This route can be done from October to April
- Biker level: avid
- Departure time: 9am
- 2 hour on private vehicle
- 6 hours by bike, 16km, 1.100m ascent
- Picnic lunch, snacks
- 8 hours.
- Small groups, usually 4 people and no bigger than 10
- Secluded mountain valley in the Andes
- Impressive mountains over 15.000feet
- Native flora and fauna
We will pick you up in your hotel to drive in our pick-up truck to the beginning of a winding road on the way to Farellones. We will reach “Curva 1 (there are 40 switchbacks), where we will pedal about 11.2miles on a paved and hilly road, to reach “The Lookout”, right at the end of the little town.
If you are 3 or less passengers, to reach the departure point at “Curva 1” we will use our pick-up truck. For 4 or more passengers, we will use our van.
Clothing & Gear
- We suggest bringing padded cycling shorts, bike jersey, sun glasses, bike gloves, lip protector, sunscreen (50SPF) and bandana. Depending on the weather, wind jackets, tights, cycling shoe covers, gloves and a fleece hat may be necessary.
- 9:00am: We will pick you up from your hotel
- 10:am: Arrival at “Curve 1”, our departure point
- 12:00pm: Arrival at “Curve 15”. Snack
- 15:00: Arrival at Farellones. Picnic lunch
- 16:00: Descent to “Curve 1”
- 17:30: Departure to your hotel
- 18:30: Arrival at your hotel
- 2 -4 passengers: CHP 120.000.- per person
- 5 or more passengers: CHP 85.000.- per person
- Bilingual guide
- Granola or chocolate bar
- A bottle of water (should you want to buy an extra one, please inform our guides)
- An abundant picnic lunch and fine repast at the end of the tour
- Transportation to and from your hotel (check restrictions in “Departure Location”)
Price does not include
- Gratuities for guide (s)
- Items of personal nature
- Any item not mentioned on the program