Do you want to challenge your biking skills and at the same time give your taste buds an experience a bike family tour long to remember? Do you want to make the best use of your time avoiding long shuttle transfers and in addition experience unexpectedly striking landscapes of Central Chile?
Our expert designers have searched the country over to devise an especially relevant family tour for you to travel Chile like a local. As a result you will discover the treasures the country holds in store, with the perfect balance between biking and guilt-free, healthy eating and wine tasting.
Our array of activities in this multi-day family tour includes also the little known Valle de Rosario, where you will find silence, peace, and disconnection from the hustle and bustle of the world.
In addition, we will also visit 3 renowned wineries of the Casablanca Valley (Matetic, Kingston and Orgánicos Emiliana). Their different manners of production will bring us closer to the interesting and little known world of the traditions and passions associated with wine making .
Biking in this enchanting region, on safe roads, most of them easy (with a few that are somewhat more difficult) will be the perfect scenario in which to train your legs. Tunquén, one of the most beautiful and remote beaches of Central Chile, which in addition we will visit on Day 3; this will be the perfect end destination for another long-to-remember vacation of pedaling, and wines.
- Biker level: intermediate
- We use OZONO mountain bikes with 24 gears and shock absorbers
- Departure time: variable each day. Please check “Itinerary”
- Fluent English speaking guides
- Experience some of the best cycling routes in Central Chile
- Visit 3 renowned wineries of the Casablanca Valley (Matetic, Kingston and Orgánicos Emiliana)
- Visit Tunquén, one of the most beautiful and remote beaches of Central Chile.
- Relish mouth-watering fresh homemade picnics
- 3 days – 2 nights
Day 1: bike Valle de Rosario
We will pick you up at your hotel in Santiago and drive to the Valle de Rosario, where your family tour starts. We will bike through a secluded valley on a paved and undulating road, flanked by native vegetation and extensive vineyards, and will enjoy a hearty picnic lunch on the route. Our aim today is to reach “Bodega Corralillo” the winery of the famous Matetic Vineyards: here we will take a wine tour, admire the impressive architecture of the building and the soft rolling hills all around us. After the tour, we will continue biking to reach the secluded Valle de la Magdalena to then go back to your accommodations in Casablanca Valley.
- Night in Casablanca
- Service: picnic lunch, snacks, dinner on your own
- Biking distance: 12.1km (7.55 miles)
- Category: Leisure. 100% of the route is easy with just a few slopes
- Shuttle: 2 hours
Day 2: bike tour in Casablanca Valley
We will depart in our vehicle from your hotel and head to the crossroads that lead to the city of Casablanca: a 20 minute drive. From there we will start our biking toward Kingston Vineyards, an exclusive winery surrounded by a superb setting where we will taste some of their earthy wines and enjoy a picnic lunch that will fuel us to continue biking through the valley of Casablanca.
Our route will then take us to Viña Orgánicos Emiliana. Following a secondary and tranquil road, we will reach these extensive vineyards; we will do their tour and taste some of their wines.
- Night in Casablanca
- Service: breakfast, picnic lunch dinner on your own.
- Biking distance: 23.4km / 14.5 miles
- Shuttle: 50 minutes
- Category: Leisure. 100% of the route is easy
Day 3: Bike to the Coast
After a well-deserved rest, on the third day we will allow all traces of calories from yesterday’s wine tours to dry out.
We will drive to Lo Vasquez, a pilgrimage center and shrine. From there we will take our bikes to cycle on a beautiful and flat road, flanked by old eucalyptus trees. The route will take us to the village of Las Dichas.
Then the challenge: From that point we will start crossing the Coastal Range. The road becomes demanding and undulating, and in some portions we will need all our energy to negotiate the steep slopes on the way.
Our objective today is reaching the remote beach of Tunquén, one of the most beautiful and less visited in the Central Zone of Chile.
After visiting the beach, we will go back to our vehicle and enjoy a hearty picnic. From there we head back to Santiago, a 2 hour drive approx.
- Service: picnic lunch, snacks
- Biking distance: 34km / 21 miles
- Shuttle: 2.5 hours
- Category: Leisure and Moderate (70% of the route is easy / 30% of the route is moderate)
Price per passenger (minimum 2 passengers)
- 2 to 4 passengers: CHP 481.615.-
- 5-6 passengers: CHP 380.764.-
- 7-8 passengers: CHP 324.710.-
- 9-10 passengers: CHP293.569.-
- Taking multiple tours with us allows for a 10% discount of the total price
- Bilingual guides
- Snacks and picnic lunch
- Transportation and support vehicle
- Tour and wine tastings at Viñas Orgánicos Emiliana, Kingston and Matetic
Does not include
- Items of a personal nature
- Any other item not specified