- Small groups, usually 4 people and no bigger than 10
- Professional and dedicated English speaking guides
- Bike route along safe and tranquil roads around Lake Llanquihue, in the Lake District of Chile
- Visit to Petrohué Falls, an impressive waterfall formed after the eruption of Volcano Osorno.
- Breathtaking views of the glaciers of Volcano Osorno.
- Sleep in 100+ years old German immigrants’ house
- Enjoy fine cuisine and cozy lodgings
- Visit to Puerto Octay, a gem on the shores of Lake Llanquihue
- Support vehicle along the route.
- Visit to Cochamó Valley, renowed as one of the most impressive rock climbing paradise of the world
- Customized pace: we stop as much as you want.
- The trip can be customized and before or after it, you can join our wine tours in the Central Zone or city tours in Santiago.
- Deluxe on route picnics that include:
- Sandwich of different types
- Home made soup
- Fresh and dried fruit
- Different breads and cheeses
- Salame, olives
- Grilled vegetables
- Coffe / tea
- Chocolate and alfajores
- Mineral water
An exclusive and with a small group of guests bike tour in the Lake District of Chile, a pristine corner of Southern Chile. You will bike among old rainforests, admire the impressive Lake Llanquihue and Volcano Osorno, bike along the legendary Carretera Austral and horseride in the Valley of Cochamó, world class paradise for rock climbers with some of the most impressive boulders of South America.
- Biker level: active
- 6 days
- For your convenience, you should arrive to Santiago the day before of departure
- This is a route of a moderate technical and physical demand and to enjoy it, you must be in good shape.
- Accident insurance is mandatory for all our tours.
- We make this tour with 4 or more passengers. Prices may vary according to the number of people: please consult our pricing list.
Clothing & Gear
- Clothing for this adventure must be carefully selected. It is mandatory that you have thermal “first layers”; cotton clothing is not advisable since it gets wet with rain or perspiration and takes away body heat from you.
- We also suggest to bring wind jackets and padded cycling shorts and tights. Don’t forget your cycling shoe covers, sun glasses, gloves, bandanas, fleece hat, lip protector and solar screen (50SPF)
- Weather in Patagonia is extremely local, changing and capricious: on a same day we can have the 4 seasons, sunny in the valleys and snow in the mountain ranges. Or we could have several cloudy days in a row, or sunny or windy: it is hard to trust the forecast and the best attitude is enjoy the climate as it presents.
- The route is paved on a few sections with different types of loose gravel on the others. There are frequent climbs and descents with various pitches, which calls for being in good shape. Patagonia weather is variable with mostly sunny days in the summer but we probably will encounter rain, wind, and perhaps even hail. In the summer months, the insects are out, but in no way are they dangerous.
- In order to enjoy the trip, we recommend that you be in good physical condition, and be prepared for the varying weather conditions that will unfold as we travel. In any case, there will always be a support vehicle following for the entire route should there be any need to use it.
- You book a place filling out our sign up form and making a deposit of 70% of the cost of the tour. The balance has to be paid at least 60 days before the tour.
- According to climatic conditions, we might change the order of our program.
- We will be visiting remote places and therefore we will have little time to make shopping or buy souvenirs.
- A supporting vehicle will be always accompanying us.
- If you decide to bring your own pedals, helmet and saddle, please let us know.
- Chilean Patagonia is rugged by nature with a nascent tourism industry, thus guaranteeing the possibility of traveling to innumerable pristine places with only a few visitors. For the design of our route, we have chosen the most comfortable accommodations available, however they remain rustic and fairly simple–basic comforts that are in no case, sophisticated. But we offer the highest quality services available to us within this remote region.
Ver Lake District: 6 day program en un mapa ampliado
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival to Puerto Montt Airport and transfer to your hotel in Puerto Varas on your own. Your guides will welcome you to review the program; dinner is on your own
- We will depart with our van and bicycles and drive around 20 minutes to Frutillar where will begin our pedaling adventure.
- We will bicycle roughly 50km to Puerto Octay, where we will have a picnic lunch en route. After a brief rest, we will continue our trip, and later stay in a beautiful lodge or wooden house reminiscent of German colonists.
- Distance pedaled: 50km/31mi
- After a delicious breakfast, we will be ready to begin our third day of adventures.
- Following a recently built paved and undulating road, we will ride along the North shore of Lake Llanquihue and will enjoy astonishing views of the lake and Volcano Osorno. Passing by the lovely town of Ensenada, the renowned Petrohué Falls are the end of our adventure today. We will sleep in Petrohué.
- Distance pedaled: 50km/31mi
- Our Day 4 starts with pedaling an incredibly beautiful route that takes us over the Carretera Austral, into the deep south of Chile. Little-by-little, we leave civilization to enter the villages with their brightly colored wooden houses and chimneys always lit. This is the route that will take us worlds away from rushing and its accompanying
- worries to get closer to what is fundamental and important. Our point of arrival is in Cochamó, where a warm fire and Patagonian lamb barbeque greets us.
- Distance pedaled: 48km/30mi
- This is a day of rest or adventure, depending on your interests. If you would like to relax, converse, read a book that you’ve always wanted to do but never could find time for, fish, swim in crystal-clear water, walk without time constraints, then we suggest you enjoy the day and dedicate this time to yourself. Or if you would like to get to know the impressive beauty of the forests, getting close enough to the mountains that you can almost touch them, or listen to the penetrating call of a hidden bird, then you should enjoy the horseback ride for the day.
- Whichever alternative you choose, it will be an unforgettable Patagonian experience,
- healthy, deep and even more than you can expect.
- Horseback Trip: 8 hours
Day 6: Return to civilizacion
- We will take the Carretera Austral South to cross the Estuary of Reloncaví. We will leave our bicycles and slowly return to our normal daily routines as we continue to bask in the beauty of Chile. We can guarantee: you will never forget the warmth of the Patagonian fire, nor its people. Never again will the rain be the same, nor will the words “volcano, forest, sea or cordiality” be vague concepts.
- The beauty of Chile is bewitching; you will never come out from under its spell. If you should decide to return, we await you here to welcome you back and accompany you on another journey, through the nooks, crannies, and meandering soul of Chile or Patagonia.
- We will say good-bye at the Puerto Montt Airport, but the warmth and friendship of the unforgettable 6 days will stay with us all.
- So ends our Services
Price per person
- 4 passengers: CHP
- 5 passengers: CHP
- 6 passengers: CHP
- 7 passengers: CHP
- 8 passengers: CHP
- 9 passengers: CHP
- 10 passengers: CHP
- Taking multiple tours with us allows for a 10% discount of the price of the second tour (city tour only)
- Round trip transportation from Puerto Montt airport
- Professional, bilingual guide in English
- Professional Driver
- Custom Mountain Bike and helmet
- Support vehicle
- Lodging and food
- Support vehicle during all the trip
Price does not include
- Gratuities for guide (s) and driver
- Wine or any other alcoholic or soft beverage
- Items of personal nature
- Any item not mentioned on the program