Booking and payment
You book a place filling out our sign up form. To confirm your booking we will send you a link for credit card payment; the cost of the operation is 4%.
Multi day programs
You make a reservation by filling out our sign-up form and making a deposit of 70% of the cost of the tour. The balance has to be paid at least 60 days before the tour.
To confirm your booking we will send you a link for credit card payment; the cost of the operation is 4%.
- In some of our tours, where we include lodging, we choose the best available accommodations that may vary from rustic to 5 stars. We can change the type of accommodations according to your budget and availability.
Responsibilities of each passenger
- Passengers must know that a bicycle tour is a physically demanding activity and that they must be in good physical condition to participate. For each of our routes we indicate the type of effort that will be needed (leisure, medium or avid route). We assume that when a client books a tour, he/she knows and accepts the general conditions described in the program.
- We also take for granted that our participants have the basic ability of riding bikes, be it in the city, or on gravel or uneven surfaces, depending on the tour they choose.
- Each client is responsible for buying health, accident and luggage loss insurance. BikeTours will not assume any responsibility for losses or damages of any kind during the tour. Health and accident insurance is a necessary condition for taking any of our tours and each rider must send us a copy of the insurance policy before starting the tour. BikeTours cannot accept a passenger without health insurance, even in a single day tour.
- Our routes have been designed considering safety as one of the paramount objectives, but unfortunately certain risks are associated with biking (as with all sports), including serious personal injury or even death. When signing up for one of our tours, our clients expressly agree to assume these risks, and declare that neither themselves, their heirs, or representatives can take any legal action against BikeTours in case of an accident, injury or death of any participant.
Traveling with kids
- To travel in our van, kids of 8 years or less must be accompany with by one of their parents; kids of 4 years or less must travel in a specially designed car seat that is not provided by BikeTours.
- Specially designed bikes or car seats to transport children must also be provided by parents if they wish to bike with their children.
Changes to the itinerary or accommodations
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, we can change our itinerary or accommodation without prior notice; the alternative we choose will always be of similar quality to the one detailed in the program.
- We also reserve the right to cancel tours for any reason and to refuse to include clients who we believe cannot meet the minimum physical or psychological conditions required by the activity. Please take a look at our cancellation and refund policies below.
Cancellations and refunds
All cancellations must be made by sending an email to BikeTours. Should we have an unforeseen circumstance preventing us to make the tour, we will refund 100% of the total amount deposited. The cancellation fees are as follows:
- Minimum cancellation fee: $150
- Cancellation 75 to 90 days before the tour: $ 150
- Cancellation 60 to 74 days before the tour: 25% of total price of the tour
- Cancellation 45 to 59 days before the tour: 50% of total price of the tour
- Cancellation 30 to 44 days before the tour: 75% of total price of the tour
- Cancellation 0 to 29 days before the tour: no refund
By paying an extra fee of $100, you can transfer the amount of your deposit to another tour within the same season.