Booking and payment
“Old Santiago”, “Santiago by Night”, "Santiago at a Glance", "Eat'n Bike", “Vines, Bikes and Wines”, “Wine, Earth and Sea”
You book a place filling out our sign up form and we will get back to you a few days before the tour to reconfirm. Payment is in cash, on the day of the tour. Book at least 3 days in advance.
“Casablanca Bikes and Wines”, “Bikes and Wine in Colchagua”
You make a reservation by filling out our sign-up form and making a deposit of 50% of the tour to Santiago Adventures, the tour operator of this two programs. The balance has to be paid by one week before the tour. Book at least 10 days in advance.
“Lake District and Torres del Paine”
You make a reservation by filling out our sign-up form and making a deposit of 70% of the cost of the tour. The balance has to be paid at least 60 days before the tour. Book at least 60 days in advance.
- Reconfirming at least 3 days before any tour is mandatory. We will be in touch with you before the fixed date, but consider that any email in any part of the world can have problems with sending or receiving. We will contact you before the tour, but if for any reason you don't receive our news, please send us an email, or SKYPE us or give us a call. If we don't have a clear reconfirmation at least 3 days before the tour, we could cancel your booking.
- On all our tours where we include lodging, we choose superior quality hotels of a “boutique” type. For our route “Patagonia and Carretera Austral” the available accommodations are generally rustic, but very comfortable and cozy. In some points of the route like Ensenada and Puelo, we can choose more modern and/or better quality lodging, but this is not possible for the rest of the route. Nonetheless, we take care that the accommodations comply with high quality and service standards.
Responsibilities of each passenger
- Passengers must know that a bicycle tour is a physically demanding activity and that they must be in good physical condition to participate. For each of our routes we indicate the type of effort that will be needed (easy, medium or demanding route). We assume that when a client books a tour, he/she knows and accepts the general conditions described in the program.
- We also take for granted that our participants have the basic ability of riding bikes, be it in the city, or on gravel or uneven surfaces, depending on the tour they choose.
- Each client is responsible for buying health, accident and luggage loss insurance. Paseos en Bicicleta will not assume any responsibility for losses or damages of any kind during the tour. Health and accident insurance is a necessary condition for taking any of our tours and each rider must send us a copy of the insurance policy before starting the tour. Paseos en Bicicleta cannot accept a passenger without health insurance, even in a single day tour.
- Our routes have been designed considering safety as one of the paramount objectives, but unfortunately certain risks are associated with biking (as with all sports), including serious personal injury or even death. When signing up for one of our tours, our clients expressly agree to assume these risks, and declare that neither themselves, their heirs, or representatives can take any legal action against Paseos en Bicicleta S.A. in case of an accident, injury or death of any participant.
Traveling with kids
- To travel in our van, kids of 8 years or less must be accompained by one of their parents; kids of 4 years or less must travel in a specially designed carseat that is not provided by Paseos en Bicicleta.
- Specially designed bikes or carseats to transport children must also be provided by parents if they wish to bike with their children.
Changes to the itinerary or accommodation
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, we can change our itinerary or accommodation without prior notice; the alternative we choose will always be of similar quality to the one detailed in the program.
- We also reserve the right to cancel tours for any reason and to refuse to include clients who we believe cannot meet the minimum physical or psychological conditions required by the activity. Please take a look at our cancellation and refund policies below.
Cancellations and refunds
All cancellations must be made by sending an email to Paseos en Bicicleta. Should we have an unforseen circumstance preventing us to make the tour, we will refund 100% of the total amount deposited. The cancellation fees are as follows:
- Minimum cancellation fee: $150
- Cancellation 75 to 90 days before the tour: $ 150
- Cancellation 60 to 74 days before the tour: 25% of total price of the tour
- Cancellation 45 to 59 days before the tour: 50% of total price of the tour
- Cancellation 30 to 44 days before the tour: 75% of total price of the tour
- Cancellation 0 to 29 days before the tour: no refund
By paying an extra fee of $100, you can transfer the amount of your deposit to another tour within the same season.