We will meet at Café Literario at Parque Balmaceda where this bike and culture tour starts.
Especially relevant in the route are Fuente Alemana, Parque Forestal, GAM Cultural Center, Central Market, Santiago´s Historical Quarter and the former Mapocho Train Station.
Another important point is Parque de los Reyes and Barrio Yungay, some of Santiago’s most characteristic and picturesque neighborhoods, full of culture and architecture gems.
We will also discover the outdoor cafes in Plaza Brasil, where the remains of the high classes’ residence buildings stand out by its beautiful architecture of the 19th century.
Especially relevant are the oblique and curved streets of the Concha y Toro neighborhood that converge in a central small square: the area was declared a typical zone in 1989 and is one of Santiago´s best well-kept secrets.
Finally, we will continue through Lucrecia Valdés, Adriana Cousiño and Hurtado Rodriguez alleys that will lead us to Museo de la Memoria where we will have lunch.
After lunch we will pedal back to our departure point, passing by La Moneda, seat of the Chilean Government.
- Duration: 5 hours
- Biker level: leisure
- Departure time: 10am – 13pm
- High-end FUJI hybrid bikes
- Small groups, usually 4 people and no bigger than 10
- Bike route around off-the-beaten path neighborhoods: you will find few tourists in our routes
- Safe route: we bike around parks, bike lanes, sidewalks and quiet streets
- Customized pace and route: we stop as much as you want or change our design if you have already visited some places
- If you let us know your interests, we will design a special route for you
- Abundant picnic lunch
- If you have special dietary needs we can prepare special food for you: vegetarian, kosher, vegan, gluten free, etc
- Fluent English speaking guides who will unveil the city for you.
- 10am or 1pm: Departure from Café Literario at Parque Balmaceda
- Length: 19km – 11.8miles
- Duration: 5 hours
- Picnic Lunch at the Museum of Human Rights
- Barrio Lastarria
- GAM Cultural Center
- Museo de Bellas Artes
- Mercado Central
- Estación Mapocho
- Parque de Los Reyes
- Barrio Cumming
- Barrio Brasil
- Barrio Concha y Toro
- Museum of Human Rights
- Barrio Virginia Opazo
- Barrio Republica
- La Moneda
- Centro Cultural Palacio de La Moneda
- Parque Forestal
- 2 – 6 passengers: CHP 50.000 per person
- more than 7 passengers: CHP 35.000 per person
- Bilingual guide
- Picnic lunch
- A bottle of water (should you want to buy an extra one, please inform our guides)
Price does not include
- Gratuities for guide (s)
- Items of personal nature
- Any item not mentioned on the program