This is the single most dazzling bike tour in Santiago! An adventure biking through neighborhoods rich in history, and also a challenge: we will bike up the steep San Cristóbal Hill (Metropolitan Park) to admire the astonishing nightly transformation of the city as its lights go on. At the end, you will enjoy the wonderful, breezy descent.
Departing from Café Literario on Parque Balmaceda, our first destination is the beautiful Parque Forestal with its impressive Fuente Alemana (German Fountain) on the edge of downtown Santiago, from where we cycle to the Barrios Lastarria, Bellas Artes, the Central Market, Bellavista, the Aviation Fountain, and Parque Uruguay.
After that we bike to the Pedro de Valdivia entrance of Cerro San Cristóbal (our Metropolitan Park) climbing steeply upwards. We will reach the Tupahue swimming pool and the terraces of Cerro San Cristóbal for an unparalleled view of Santiago at sunset against the dramatic backdrop of the Andes and the soaring office towers of “Sanhattan”, Santiago´s new financial district.
Our biking adventure winds up at the El Hundimiento look-out. From there, we will enjoy the ride downhill (or we’ll take you and your bike down in our vehicle) to our final destination at Pedro de Valdivia Metro Station.
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Biker level: leisure
- Departure time: 10am – 13pm
- High-end FUJI hybrid bikes
- Small groups, usually 4 people and no bigger than 10
- Bike route around off-the-beaten path neighborhoods: you will find few tourists in our routes
- Safe route: we bike around parks, bike lanes, sidewalks and quiet streets
- Customized pace and route: we stop as much as you want or change our design if you have already visited some places
- If you let us know your interests, we will design a special route for you
- 4pm: Departure from Café Literario at Parque Bustamante
- Length: 14km – 8.7miles
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- 6:30pm: Arrival at look out of Parque Metropolitano
- 8:30pm: Arrival at Metro Pedro de Valdivia, where the tour ends
- 2 – 6 passengers: CHP 50.000 per person
- more than 7 passengers: CHP 35.000 per person
- Deluxe picnic on request
- Bilingual guide
- A bottle of water (should you want to buy an extra one, please inform our guides)
Price does not include
- Gratuities for guide (s)
- Items of personal nature
- Any item not mentioned on the program